Friday 30 May 2014

All Hail the Queen - by Butter London

Hello Ladies!  Today is another adventure in nuddy loveliness, and also a brand new brand to me: Butter London.  This is their nude holo "All Hail The Queen".

All Hail the Queen - by Butter London
All Hail the Queen - by Butter London
I'd been somewhat reluctant to try Butter London polish.  For one thing there's the price tag (£12 for 11ml) and for another, there's the whole 'Cool Britannia' vibe.  Since I actually live in the UK the faux-cockney names just don't amuse me like I'm guessing they do the US market.  According to their website "We believe in Rock & Roll. Great Britain. And Fashion. We’re obsessed with colour, unbridled creativity & self-expression.".  What a pretentious load of twaddle. 

BUT when I saw this polish in my local TK Maxx for £5, I just couldn't resist.  This was actually the first nude that I ever bought.  I usually hate nudes.  So I guess the point I'm getting at with all this drivel is that this polish must be pretty special to make me buy a nude, and a nude from a poncy brand at that.

All Hail the Queen - by Butter London - artificial light
Poncy but Pukka
All Hail the Queen is a soft gold brown beige with ultra fine particle holo glitter finish.  Pictured here is two coats sandwiched between NE base and HK girl topcoat.  This shade is just stunning, its like cashmere for your nails.  Sophisticated, elegant, and very flattering.  The application was smooth and even, formula excellent, and it was opaque in a single coat.  My only complaint is that they have gone down the same route as Chanel and have one of those fiddly skinny handled brushes that appear when you pull off the massive cap.  The brush head is quite skinny too.  But that's my only complaint

All Hail the Queen - by Butter London - natural light
All Hail the Queen - by Butter London - natural light
Wear time on this was insane, I wore it for a full week with only minimal tipwear.  All in all I was very impressed with my first experience of this brand, and the colour is just lovely.  This was Chanel level quality, for OPI level RRP.  Can't say fairer than that!


No comments:

Post a Comment