Monday 20 May 2013

A Very Merry Un-Birthday...

Today's NOTD is the fantastic 'It's a Trap-eze' from the China Glaze Cirque de Soleil World's Away collection that came out at the end of 2012.  Kudos to my friend the lovely Clare for discovering this and then ordering one for me too :)  It's like wearing a birthday party on your nails!

China Glaze - It's a Trap-eze
China Glaze - It's a Trap-eze - Natural Light
It's a Trap-eze (IATE) is a milky creamy polish that's jam packed with hex and round glitter pieces in a range of sizes.  The main glitter colours are white, sky blue, red, green and there's some silver and gold in there too.

I started out with Nail Envy base coat and a single layer of a pearly white shade called 'Silver Bullet' by Rimmel.  I had heard that it's hard to build IATE to opacity on its own, although I think 3 coats of IATE on its own would have done it.  I then used two full coats of IATE, and a sparse 3rd coat to just fill in a few gaps.  Then I capped it with two layers of my beloved Seche.  This polish was surprisingly smooth for a glitter, although still feels a wee bit bumpy with the dual Seche topper.  The formula is fantastic and surprisingly easy to apply for a glitter.  The glitter is so dense that there's none of that fiddly dabbing your nail to spread it out evenly.



China Glaze - It's a Trap-eze
China Glaze - It's a Trap-eze - Natural Light
I really like this, although I am a wee bit unconvinced about whether I can pull-off white polish with my ridiculously pale Scottish skin-tone.  But this is so much fun that I just don't care.  I'm making an effort to try to have a tidy looking left hand for the photos, and nicely moisturized cuticles...but after applying Lush's Lemony Flutter for this photo-op I just look like I've got really greasy fingers...I promise I wasn't eating chips at the time...

This polish is pretty hard to find.  For some reason there's a selection of the 'Cirque' collection available everywhere, and some that seemed to be limited.  I got this one through Amazon, shipped from the US, but even with postage it was still just £7, which is the UK in-store RRP for CG.

No comments:

Post a Comment